The Chief Privacy Officer of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (“ONC”) recently released a new guide for providers and their staff to help understand HIPAA privacy and security when it comes to electronic health records (“EHRs”) and the meaningful use of EHRs. “Guide to Privacy and Security of Health Information” is a comprehensive tool to assist professionals integrate privacy and security into their practices. Privacy and security are included in the requirements for demonstrating meaningful use of EHRs and qualifying for related incentive payments.
The guide includes information on:
- Privacy & Security and Meaningful Use
- Security Risk Analysis and Management Tips
- Working with EHR and Health IT Vendors
- A Privacy & Security 10-Step Plan
- Health IT Privacy and Security Resources
This useful guide can be found at the following web site