On Thursday, November 3rd, please join Squire, Sanders & Dempsey and Strategic Health Care for a complimentary webinar overview of the final rule recently released by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the opportunities it presents for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs). As reported by the Accountable Care Forum, CMS made significant changes in the final rule to entice providers to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program. Topics to be addressed include:
- ACO organization and governance
- New opportunities for rural and small community providers to create or join ACOs
- Advanced funding of ACO start-up costs
- Antitrust requirements
- CMS and Office of the Inspector General waivers
- Financial/risk sharing: insurance law implications
- Improvements to the shared savings rate
- Lower barriers to entry on quality and electronic health record (EHR) metrics
Speakers will include our own John Kirsner and Peter Pavarini as well as Strategic Health Care’s Paul Lee, Marian Lowe and Sharon Bee Cheng.
If you have a question you would like addressed by one of our panelists, please email PaulLee@shcare.net. We look forward to your input and participation.